- Big Spring State Park %Tuscarora State Forest - (717)536-3191- picnic pavilions & hiking trails
- Boyd Big Tree Preserve Conservation Area (DCNR area) %Little Buffalo (717)567-9255 - education programs & hiking - one of Pennsylvania newest State Parks with numerous large trees & butterfly fields.
- Buchanan’s birthplace State Park %Cowans Gap -(717)485-3948 - A stone pyramid monument stands where President Buchanan’s original cabin was.- Picnic pavilions, fishing, & hiking
- Caledonia State Park - Fayetteville PA - (717)352-2161 - Served as a field hospital in the Battle of Gettysburg. Features an 18 hole golf course, part of the Appalachian Trail, the Totem Pole Playhouse, cabins, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming pool, fishing, educational programs, hiking and bicycling.
- Codorus State Park - Hanover PA - (717)637-2816 - features a 1275 acre Lake Marburg, cabins, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming pool, boating, fishing, hiking & bicycling.
- Colonel Denning State Park %Doubling Gap - Newville PA - (717)776-5272 - features 273 acres of woodlands, 3.5 acre lake, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming, fishing, educational programs and hiking.
- Cowans Gap State Park - Fort Loudon PA - (717)485-3948 - surrounded by Buchanan State Forest, features a lake, cabins, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming, boating, fishing, educational programs & hiking.
- Fowlers Hollow State Park %Colonel Denning - (717_776-5272 - features camping, picnic pavilions, fishing & hiking.
- Gifford Pinchot State Park - Lewisberry PA - (717)432-5011 - feature Pinchot Lake, cabins, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming, boating, fishing, educational programs, hiking and bicycling.
- Joseph E Ibberson Conservation Area (DCNR area) %Little Buffalo - (717)567-9255 - 350 acres features educational programs and hiking.
- Kings Gap Environmental Education & Training Center - Carlisle PA - (717_486-5031 - features year round educational programs, 16 miles of hiking trail open all year round, plus a panoramic view of the Cumberland Valley from the deck of a 32 room stone mansion built in 1908.
- Little Buffalo State Park - Newport PA - (717)567-9255 - features a covered bridge, restored operating gristmill, old farmhouse, old railcar, picnic pavilions, swimming pool, boating, fishing, educational programs & hiking.
- Memorial Lake State Park - Grantville PA - (717)865-6470 - features 85 acre lake, canoeing, windsurfing, fishing, hiking, and picnic pavilions
- Mont Alto State Park %Caledonia - (717)352-2161 - established in 1902, this is the oldest state park in Pennsylvania, features picnic pavilions & fishing.
- Pine Grove Furnace State Park - Gardners PA - (717)486-7174 - features 2 lakes, cabins, camping, picnic pavilions, swimming, boating, fishing, educational pavilion, hiking & bicycling.
- Samuel S Lewis State Park %Gifford Pinchot - (717)432-5011 - features picnic pavilions & hiking.
- Susquehannock State Park - Drumore PA - (717)432-5011 - features group tenting, horseback riding, picnic pavilions & hiking
- Ricketts Glen - 888-PA-PARKS - 30 miles north of Bloomsburg PA - park size 13,050 acres - Lake Jean is 245 acres - fish stocked include trout, blue gills, yellow perch, pumpkinseeds, chain pickerel, blue-spotted sunfish, brown & yellow bullheads, bass and black crappies - hunting allowed on 10,144 acres - 21 natural waterfalls, some near 100 feet in height - 120 tent and trailer campsites - 10 modern rental cabins - 26 miles of hiking trails - beaches for swimming -